This is a nine-week (400 hours) course that consists of both theory and practical training. Participants who complete the course successfully will be eligible to apprentice in either the Mobile Crane Operator or Boom Truck Operator trades, once indentured by an employer. Credit for Level 1 technical training plus 400 hours of trade time may be credited to the student by Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission, providing that the student has met all required standards and has been indentured by an employer.
All WTTI instructors are Interprovincial Journeyman Crane and Hoist Operators, and have several years of instructional experience.
Applicants must be 18 years of age, and must have a minimum of a Grade 10 or equivalent. Class 3A license, a Class 1A license or a background in operating heavy equipment is preferable, but not mandatory. Good mathematic skills are also an asset.
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulations Related to Cranes.
- Crane and Hoist Trade Introduction.
- Use Shop Equipment and Demonstrate Safe Work Practices.
- Perform Rigging and Reeving Operations.
- Mobile Crane Operation.
- Perform Maintenance Operations.
- Perform General Hoisting Operations.
- Perform Variable Operating Factors of Cranes.
- Perform Hydraulic/Conventional Mobile and Crawler Crane Operations.
- Boom Truck Operation.
- Practicum Placement.