- Boom truck operators operate and maintain truck mounted crane devices that can be mounted on a turret, incorporate a power drum and wire rope, have a boom capable of swinging and booming up and down, and may have a telescopic or articulating boom.
- Typical training would include 2-3 days of in class theory followed by a written exam. The 3-4 days will include practical training on pre- trip inspection, operation and communication followed by an exam.
- Training is customized to the type of equipment and service application.
- Upon completion the employer will receive copies of the certificates and participants will receive a wallet card certificate.
- A two day refresher course is also offered with proof fo prior training. The training includes more advanced rigging calculations and operation instruction as well as a practical component.
All WTTI training includes the following: Occupational Health & Safety and Industry Standards, Communication Signals, Working with High Voltage, Wire Rope, Rigging Hardware, Sling Applications, Calculating Load Weights, Parts of Line and Sling Angle Calculations.
Specific Course Content is:
- Personal Protection Equipment
- Boom Truck Terminology.
- Types of Boom Trucks.
- Boom Truck Components
- Conditions Affecting Capacity
- Pre-Inspection & Operation
- Model Specific Load Charts